FAQs and Knowledgebase Resources
A variety of documentation is available through UW Colleges Knowledgebase to help you navigate technology issues during your time on campus. Here are a few common items that you might need assistance with:
- New Account Setup
- Recover forgotten username/password
- Using PRISM
- Set up your email on iPhone and iPad
- Set up your email on Android
On campus technical support is provided by Center for Academic Success and Engagement (CASE). The CASE Answer Desk is located at the library's desk. Contact our CASE Associate, Angela Katterhagen, at 715-234-8176 for campus IT support. Specific functions performed by the CASE Answer Desk are:
- First line IT support in classrooms and office
- Answer basic student questions regarding services
- Printing support
- Direct students to library, IT and tutoring services
- Student, faculty and staff UCards.
- For online software training services see LYNDA.com
Central IT Service Center
- Report a problem or request service: Web form for self-reporting
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 888-UWEXUWC (888-893-9892)
- Hours of Operation: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
|WIFI Name||User||Sign in with|
|UWC-BYOD||Faculty/Staff||Staff username and password|
|UWC-Students||Students||Student username and password|
|UWC-Guest||Guests||Once connected, check "agree" box and click Submit|
- Wireless coverage and locations: Wireless access should be available throughout most of the campus.
- If you have any problems connecting, please visit CASE in the library or call 920-832-2672.
The University of Wisconsin-Barron County provides every student and staff with an email account. This is regarded as an official communication avenue for campus correspondence. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to check email accounts regularly for any important announcements and messages.
Students can open a browser on any computer, on or off campus, and enter the following address: Office 365. You can find a link on any one of our web pages. You will then be asked to sign in. The password is the same as your password for the Campus Network.
Technology Software Purchases
- Download Microsoft Office (free for students)
- Software Discounts
- Dell Discounts for Students, Faculty & Staff
Popular Student Websites/Links
The University of Wisconsin-Barron County General Access Computer Lab is located in the library. This room is open during regular library hours for use by University of Wisconsin-Barron County students, faculty and staff.
Each station has software supporting word processing, spread sheets, an internet browser and various programs used by individual university classes. Drinks with closable caps are welcomed at the computers, food and open drinks are not.
UW-Barron County runs a printer management software, PaperCut, to regulate each student’s printing account. Each student printing account will be issued a $10.00 initial fee starting balance per academic term. Accounts will be reset at the start of a new Fall academic term. Balances which remain per semester will be added to the new semester’s initial fee. Students will be charged $.10 for black & white prints and $.25 for color prints. The print driver’s will default to duplex. An individual can change their preference to print on a single sided page. Students may add dollars to their account for additional pages at the CASE desk. Purchases are non-refundable.